NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Police say they have arrested one man and are looking for others after a woman reported she was gang raped at a New Orleans hotel.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports 25-year-old Patrick Mooney was arrested March 6 and charged with first-degree rape.
The warrant for his arrest says six or seven men entered Mooney’s hotel room and took turns sexually assaulting the intoxicated woman Mooney had met at a Bourbon Street bar and with whom he was having sex. The warrant says they also hit and slapped her.
Mooney, who has a Dublin, Ireland, drivers license, was extradited from Austin, Texas. Police say they are seeking at least three other men, all believed to be in Texas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- ‘It was like a zoo:’ Death on an unruly, overcrowded Everest
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
Mooney’s lawyer couldn’t be reached for comment. It’s unclear whether the other men have lawyers.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com