NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Police say they have arrested one man and are looking for others after a woman reported she was gang raped at a New Orleans hotel.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports 25-year-old Patrick Mooney was arrested March 6 and charged with first-degree rape.
The warrant for his arrest says six or seven men entered Mooney’s hotel room and took turns sexually assaulting the intoxicated woman Mooney had met at a Bourbon Street bar and with whom he was having sex. The warrant says they also hit and slapped her.
Mooney, who has a Dublin, Ireland, drivers license, was extradited from Austin, Texas. Police say they are seeking at least three other men, all believed to be in Texas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
Mooney’s lawyer couldn’t be reached for comment. It’s unclear whether the other men have lawyers.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com