NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Police say they have arrested one man and are looking for others after a woman reported she was gang raped at a New Orleans hotel.
NOLA.com/The Times-Picayune reports 25-year-old Patrick Mooney was arrested March 6 and charged with first-degree rape.
The warrant for his arrest says six or seven men entered Mooney’s hotel room and took turns sexually assaulting the intoxicated woman Mooney had met at a Bourbon Street bar and with whom he was having sex. The warrant says they also hit and slapped her.
Mooney, who has a Dublin, Ireland, drivers license, was extradited from Austin, Texas. Police say they are seeking at least three other men, all believed to be in Texas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
Mooney’s lawyer couldn’t be reached for comment. It’s unclear whether the other men have lawyers.
Information from: The Times-Picayune, http://www.nola.com