NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu travels to Houston this week to share lessons learned from the city’s road to recovery following Hurricane Katrina.
Landrieu is participating in a free event titled, “Lessons Learned in New Orleans,” on Wednesday hosted by Rice University’s Kinder Institute for Urban Research. Under Landrieu, New Orleans has come back from the 2005 storm’s devastation and his administration notes it’s now one of the fastest-growing major cities in America.
The discussion is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Museum of Fine Arts in the Brown Auditorium Theater.
For more information or to reserve a seat, visit http://bit.ly/2HUfJfn .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
- Your election guide to every 2020 presidential candidate, comparing policy positions