NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu travels to Houston this week to share lessons learned from the city’s road to recovery following Hurricane Katrina.
Landrieu is participating in a free event titled, “Lessons Learned in New Orleans,” on Wednesday hosted by Rice University’s Kinder Institute for Urban Research. Under Landrieu, New Orleans has come back from the 2005 storm’s devastation and his administration notes it’s now one of the fastest-growing major cities in America.
The discussion is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Museum of Fine Arts in the Brown Auditorium Theater.
For more information or to reserve a seat, visit http://bit.ly/2HUfJfn .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover