INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Bankers Life name will be coming off the Indiana Pacers’ arena after next season.
The Pacers and CNO Financial Group announced Tuesday that the company wouldn’t renew its naming-rights contract for the downtown Indianapolis arena after it expires June 30, 2019.
The Carmel-based company formerly known as Conseco Inc. has held the arena’s naming rights since it opened as Conseco Fieldhouse in 1999 under a $40 million, 20-year contract.
Bankers Life is among CNO Financial’s business units. Its name has been on the arena since late 2011.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- Correction: 3D Gun-Lawsuit story WATCH
- Robocalls flooding your cellphone? Here’s how to fight them
- Inside the elite prep-school world of Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh, accuser
- Two women athletes were separately killed in Iowa. But only one suspect — a Mexican — inspired outrage.
The Pacers say they will work to line up a new naming rights contract.