INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Bankers Life name will be coming off the Indiana Pacers’ arena after next season.
The Pacers and CNO Financial Group announced Tuesday that the company wouldn’t renew its naming-rights contract for the downtown Indianapolis arena after it expires June 30, 2019.
The Carmel-based company formerly known as Conseco Inc. has held the arena’s naming rights since it opened as Conseco Fieldhouse in 1999 under a $40 million, 20-year contract.
Bankers Life is among CNO Financial’s business units. Its name has been on the arena since late 2011.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? First you'll need to prove you can afford it
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
The Pacers say they will work to line up a new naming rights contract.