INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — The Bankers Life name will be coming off the Indiana Pacers’ arena after next season.
The Pacers and CNO Financial Group announced Tuesday that the company wouldn’t renew its naming-rights contract for the downtown Indianapolis arena after it expires June 30, 2019.
The Carmel-based company formerly known as Conseco Inc. has held the arena’s naming rights since it opened as Conseco Fieldhouse in 1999 under a $40 million, 20-year contract.
Bankers Life is among CNO Financial’s business units. Its name has been on the arena since late 2011.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe with no new indictments WATCH
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Pakistan sentences Czech model to 8 years on drug charge
- Flight attendant detained by immigration on return to US
The Pacers say they will work to line up a new naming rights contract.