SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — Three state parks in northern New Mexico are closing effective Monday because of extreme fire danger.
The State Parks Division of the Energy, Minerals and Natural Resources Department says the parks being closed until further notice are Fenton Lake, Hyde Memorial and Morphy Lake
Fenton Lake is between Cuba and Jemez Springs, Hyde Memorial is northeast of Santa Fe and Morphy Lake is in Mora County north of Las Vegas.
The parks division says the closures of the three parks will coincide with the Santa Fe National Forest’s full public-access closure announced recently by the U.S. Forest Service.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- As thousands of athletes get coronavirus tests, nurses wonder: What about us?
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Trump may be coming to terms with loss he won't acknowledge
- Two-dose coronavirus vaccine regimens will make it harder to inoculate America
- An unusual snack for cows, a powerful fix for climate