NEW YORK (AP) — A drunken driver from New Jersey who caused a woman to fall to her death from an elevated highway in New York City has been sentenced to prison.
Brooklyn District Attorney Eric Gonzalez says Vladimir Menin of Fort Lee got the 5 to 15 year sentence on Wednesday.
The victim, Aissatou Diallo of Staten Island, died in August 2016.
She was standing on the shoulder of the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway next to her sister’s car, which had a flat tire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- Trump says he'll give State of Union after shutdown ends VIEW
- Trump says he directed Sarah Sanders 'not to bother' with White House news briefings
- Trump wants to deliver State of Union next week as planned VIEW
Menin, who was speeding, crashed into the disabled vehicle, which then hit Diallo and propelled her over a guard rail.
He tried to flee but was chased and restrained by the victim’s relatives.