NORTH ANDOVER, Mass. (AP) — A Merrimack, New Hampshire man has been charged with the murder of Wendi Rose Davidson who was found strangled in her home’s basement in North Andover.
The Boston Globe reports 51-year-old Brian Chevalier was engaged to the 49-year-old Davidson. Chevalier was arrested in California Wednesday for parole violations and a Massachusetts larceny charge.
Chevalier is expected to appear in Imperial County Superior Court in California on Monday on a fugitive from justice charge.
The Globe reported Chevalier had been released from New Hampshire state prison in December, after serving 10 years for a 2003 kidnapping in Cheshire County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- Justice Breyer to retire, giving Biden first court pick
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
He was acquitted of 10 other charges, including sexual assault and criminal threatening.
Police responded to a 911 call shortly after 12:30 p.m. Saturday to find Davidson unresponsive in the two-family house.