PRATTVILLE, Ala. (AP) — A collapsed sign along an Alabama highway saying “Go To Church or the Devil Will Get You!” will be erected again.
AL.com reported Monday the family that owns the sign depicting a red-tailed Satan will post another, likely with the exact wording as the original. It stood for decades along Interstate 65 north of Prattville before a storm toppled it in fall 2016.
The sign stands on private property owned by W.S. “Bill” Newell and his sons took over its maintenance after he died in 2009. His wife Althea Newell says the devil image was salvaged and will be used on a new signboard that’s blank now.
Newell says the new sign’s posting depends on when crews from her husband’s construction firm in Montgomery are available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'