PITTSBURGH (AP) — A new bride didn’t let her white gown stop her from reviving a woman who was unconscious on a bench in Pittsburgh.
Julie Stroyne, a trauma nurse at UPMC-Presbyterian, was walking in downtown Pittsburgh Saturday night after her wedding reception when she and others from her wedding party saw the ailing woman.
Her sister Kaitlyn Stroyne tells the (Washington) Observer-Reporter (http://bit.ly/1PYym3z) the woman had no pulse. She says Stroyne kicked off her heels, got down on her knees and began performing CPR on her while others called 911.
She says everyone was saying “the bride saved the day.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't support filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat before the election
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The newlyweds didn’t get the woman’s name and don’t know her condition, since once paramedics arrived they “kind of stepped back.”
Julie Stroyne says “there’s no time off” a nurse’s duties.
Information from: Observer-Reporter, http://www.observer-reporter.com