MOUNT VERNON, Va. (AP) — Visitors to George Washington’s Mount Vernon estate will see a new 4-D film depicting the Founding Father’s role in the American Revolution.
The estate has reopened its Revolutionary War Theater after a $2 million renovation.
A new 17-minute film accompanies the renovation, replacing the film that had been shown since the theater first opened in 2006.
Mount Vernon says the 105-seat theater, which features 4-D effects like falling snow and wafting fog, is one of its most popular attractions.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
More than 100 re-enactors participated in production of the new film at locations throughout Virginia.