GARDNERVILLE, Nev. (AP) — A 40-year-old Gardnerville man suspected of domestic battery has been arrested after authorities say he dropped off an injured woman at an emergency room and drove away.
James McNeill was being held Wednesday in the Douglas County Jail. His bail is set at $50,000.
Sheriff’s deputies say he walked into the Carson Valley Medical Center early Sunday, asked for a wheelchair and wheeled a woman into the emergency room.
Hospital staffers were able to get a description of the car as he fled and deputies caught up with him on Highway 395 in Minden.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Florida man filming sunrise killed when sand dune collapses
He’s been booked on suspicion of domestic battery with substantial bodily harm and eluding police. Bail was set at $50,000.
The victim was transferred to a Reno hospital. Her condition is unknown.
It’s not clear if McNeil has a lawyer or will be appointed one