SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A new Netflix television series starring Jeff Daniels is in production in New Mexico.
New Mexico Film Office Director Nick Maniatis announced Tuesday that filming for the limited television series “Godless” has begun in Santa Fe.
He says the production will employ 280 crew members from the state.
“Godless” is set in the expansive landscape of the great western frontier.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A small bookstore pondered its future after a day without a sale. After a tweet, it became overwhelmed with orders.
- Republicans in super-liberal Oregon are so fed up they want to become part of Idaho
- President Trump goes on clemency spree, and the list is long VIEW
- Federal judges call emergency meeting in wake of Barr's intervention in Stone case
- A hunt for clues in Hawaii after a tourist couple falls ill with coronavirus
The six-episode period drama is scheduled to premiere worldwide on Netflix in 2017.
Steven Soderbergh, director of “Traffic,” is one of the series’ executive producers.
This story has been corrected to show that the announcement was made Tuesday.