SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A new Netflix television series starring Jeff Daniels is in production in New Mexico.
New Mexico Film Office Director Nick Maniatis announced Tuesday that filming for the limited television series “Godless” has begun in Santa Fe.
He says the production will employ 280 crew members from the state.
“Godless” is set in the expansive landscape of the great western frontier.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- IRS launches a new way to estimate next year's tax refund
- Trump postpones Denmark trip after prime minister declines to sell him Greenland
- California to build largest wildlife crossing in world VIEW
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will worth $577M only 2 days before suicide, with El Chapo lawyer as witness
- The completely reasonable reason people are flying with mini horses
The six-episode period drama is scheduled to premiere worldwide on Netflix in 2017.
Steven Soderbergh, director of “Traffic,” is one of the series’ executive producers.
This story has been corrected to show that the announcement was made Tuesday.