SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A new Netflix television series starring Jeff Daniels is in production in New Mexico.
New Mexico Film Office Director Nick Maniatis announced Tuesday that filming for the limited television series “Godless” has begun in Santa Fe.
He says the production will employ 280 crew members from the state.
“Godless” is set in the expansive landscape of the great western frontier.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz is mulling an independent run for president in 2020
The six-episode period drama is scheduled to premiere worldwide on Netflix in 2017.
Steven Soderbergh, director of “Traffic,” is one of the series’ executive producers.
This story has been corrected to show that the announcement was made Tuesday.