SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A Netflix television series about the world’s reaction to a man whose followers claim he is sent by God will film in New Mexico.
The 10-episode series, “Messiah,” stars Michelle Monaghan and Medhi Dehbi.
The state Film Office announced Tuesday that New Mexico will serve as a double for an overseas location. More than 2,300 people in New Mexico are expected to be employed as crew members, actors and background talent.
Production begins in early June and runs through mid-August.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
- Is your mask good enough to face COVID's delta variant?
- As we enter cold and flu season, here’s how to tell if you have COVID or a cold
- Is your face mask still effective as COVID lingers? How to proceed with caution and test its quality
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
Albuquerque, Mountainair, Estancia, Belen, Santa Fe and Clines Corners will serve as filming locations.