SANTA FE, N.M. (AP) — A Netflix television series about the world’s reaction to a man whose followers claim he is sent by God will film in New Mexico.
The 10-episode series, “Messiah,” stars Michelle Monaghan and Medhi Dehbi.
The state Film Office announced Tuesday that New Mexico will serve as a double for an overseas location. More than 2,300 people in New Mexico are expected to be employed as crew members, actors and background talent.
Production begins in early June and runs through mid-August.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Militias flock to Gettysburg to foil supposed flag burning
- How Fauci, 5 other health specialists deal with COVID-19 risks in their everyday lives
Albuquerque, Mountainair, Estancia, Belen, Santa Fe and Clines Corners will serve as filming locations.