LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) — The state has taken control of 21 nursing homes around Nebraska because their owner couldn’t make payroll.
The homes’ owner, Cottonwood Healthcare, also known as Skyline, notified the state about its financial crisis, so the state took action.
A Lancaster County judge approved a plan Friday to put the homes in receivership and under the management of Klaasmeyer and Associates while a plan for the homes’ future is prepared.
State officials also are working to ensure that residents of the facilities are receiving proper care.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events