MAYVILLE, N.D. (AP) — The North Dakota State Board of Higher Education has named Brian Van Horn as the next president of Mayville State University.
Van Horn was selected Wednesday to become the school’s 17th president. He comes to Mayville State from Murray State University in Kentucky, where he serves as an associate provost.
During his interview, Van Horn said he appreciates North Dakota’s investment in Mayville State. The school is located in Mayville in eastern North Dakota, about 60 miles (97 kilometers) northwest of Fargo.
Mayville State president Gary Hagan plans to retire this summer. The search for the new president began last November after Hagan announced he plans to retire after serving more than four decades at the university.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- When she named her breakfast cafe Woke, a conservative backlash followed
- A bear in Colorado took 400 selfies. Fashion pros say they're a star
- Priscilla Presley files petition questioning validity of Lisa Marie Presley’s will
- George Santos scandal consumes Congress, chafes lawmakers on both sides of aisle
Van Horn will take over no later than July.