NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — The Navy says two people were injured after a fire erupted aboard the USS Harry S. Truman aircraft carrier while a fighter jet was undergoing refueling.
The Navy says the Truman was underway in the Atlantic Ocean when an F/A-18C caught fire on the flight deck Tuesday night.
The Navy says the fire was quickly extinguished but the aircraft’s pilot ejected and landed on the flight deck. The Navy says a sailor assigned to the ship also suffered non-life threatening injuries. Both were taken to the New Hanover Regional Medical Center in Wilmington, North Carolina, for further treatment.
The Navy says an investigation into the cause of the fire has begun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- After coronavirus superspreader event at Sturgis, Missouri hosts thousands at Lake of the Ozarks bike rally
- Trump pledges woman for court, pushes Senate to move on pick VIEW
- Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dies at 87
- Ricin is said to have been sent to White House