LOS ANGELES (AP) — Police are trying to determine why a woman crashed through the lobby of a police station with an infant in her car.
It happened around 4:45 a.m. Saturday at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Harbor Division station in San Pedro.
LAPD video shows the woman maneuvering around barriers, crashing through the glass doors and pulling into the lobby. The woman then backs out, nearly knocking over an officer who had to dodge out of the way from her open car door.
The woman and the infant were taken to a hospital as a precaution.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Her name has not been released.