WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — President Donald Trump is lashing out at key officials involved in the Russia probe, namely former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe and the current deputy attorney general, Rod Rosenstein.
In an interview with CBS’ “60 Minutes” that aired Sunday, McCabe described Rosenstein as having raised the prospect of invoking the 25th Amendment to remove Trump from office. Trump says McCabe and Rosenstein “look like they were planning a very illegal act, and got caught.”
Trump tweeted Monday: “This was the illegal and treasonous ‘insurance policy’ in full action!”
Rosenstein issued a denial of McCabe’s account last year. He said any suggestion that he had ever advocated for the removal of the president “is absolutely false.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW
- Can 'Jeopardy!' whiz James Holzhauer be beat? The science of memory and recall, explained
- Morehouse College graduates’ student loans to be paid off by billionaire
- Trump's sanctions on Iran are hitting Hezbollah hard
- Oregon college safety officer pleads guilty to killing woman
McCabe was fired last year by the FBI.