YACHATS, Oregon (AP) — The U.S. Geological Survey says a magnitude 4.5 earthquake struck in the Pacific Ocean off the coast of Oregon.
The agency says the earthquake hit a spot 286.5 miles (462.0 kilometers) west of Yachats at 7:40 p.m. Yachats is a town of about 750 people.
The earthquake had a depth of 6 miles (10 kilometers).
There are no reports of damage.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Fired police sergeant attacks Thai day care center, kills 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine