WAKE FOREST, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina sheriff’s office says a teenager who threatened to shoot the parents of third-graders is due in court.
News outlets report 18-year-old Isaiah David Napier was arrested Monday and charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
The Wake County Sheriff’s Office says a photo posted to Snapchat showed Napier holding what appeared to be a rifle, with text saying “third-graders won’t stop calling my mom gay, so Imma shoot theirs. That’ll teach ’em.”
Authorities say Napier told investigators the post was a joke. Authorities say the gun was later determined to be an airsoft gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- District of Columbia houses homeless people in upscale apartments. It hasn't gone as planned.
- Opioid users call kratom a godsend. The FDA says it’s a menace.
- Florida teenager obsessed with Columbine takes her own life VIEW
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
- 4 killed in ‘targeted’ shootings in British Columbia
Online records say Napier is set to appear in court Tuesday. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.