WAKE FOREST, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina sheriff’s office says a teenager who threatened to shoot the parents of third-graders is due in court.
News outlets report 18-year-old Isaiah David Napier was arrested Monday and charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
The Wake County Sheriff’s Office says a photo posted to Snapchat showed Napier holding what appeared to be a rifle, with text saying “third-graders won’t stop calling my mom gay, so Imma shoot theirs. That’ll teach ’em.”
Authorities say Napier told investigators the post was a joke. Authorities say the gun was later determined to be an airsoft gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Online records say Napier is set to appear in court Tuesday. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.