WAKE FOREST, N.C. (AP) — A North Carolina sheriff’s office says a teenager who threatened to shoot the parents of third-graders is due in court.
News outlets report 18-year-old Isaiah David Napier was arrested Monday and charged with making a false report concerning mass violence on educational property.
The Wake County Sheriff’s Office says a photo posted to Snapchat showed Napier holding what appeared to be a rifle, with text saying “third-graders won’t stop calling my mom gay, so Imma shoot theirs. That’ll teach ’em.”
Authorities say Napier told investigators the post was a joke. Authorities say the gun was later determined to be an airsoft gun.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
Online records say Napier is set to appear in court Tuesday. It’s unclear if he has a lawyer.