COVINGTON, Ga. (AP) — A sheriff’s office in Georgia says a woman threw a soft drink at a Waffle House worker who put her change on the counter instead of in her hand.
The Covington News reports the Newton County Sheriff’s Office says the woman was angry about the placement of her change and threw the full drink at the worker on Sunday morning.
The sheriff’s office says the woman and a man who was with her were gone by the time authorities arrived.
The sheriff’s office says the woman could face a battery charge. An investigation is ongoing.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Information from: The Covington News, http://www.covnews.com/