DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — The Powerball jackpot has risen to $334 million, the 12th largest in the game’s history.
No one won the jackpot on Wednesday, and the next drawing is set for Saturday. The lump-sum cash prize for the winner is $205 million.
Iowa Lottery spokesman Kevin Kirkpatrick says the last time the prize was close to this amount was in March 2013, when a New Jersey man won $338 million.
Powerball’s largest jackpot was more than $590 million in May 2013. Kirkpatrick says the game would have to continue a few more rounds without a winner before it could reach that level.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Battle for Warnock’s seat at center of US Senate power struggle once again
- Omicron loosens its hold, but 'this is a choose-your-own-adventure story'
- University mistakenly told 58 students they’d won full rides; it’ll pay their tuition anyway
- Hiker plunges 700 feet in the latest of many selfie-related deaths
- Bridge collapses, drops city bus into Pittsburgh ravine
The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292 million.