LEXINGTON, Ky. (AP) — A Kentucky woman charged with drunken driving told police she did it “to teach her son a lesson.”
News outlets report 48-year-old Sunita Jairam was arrested early Sunday on charges including endangering the welfare of a minor.
Her arrest citation says she told police she “drank a bunch of beer” and drove at 150 mph (241 kph). It’s unclear what lesson she was trying to impart.
The son told police he tried to get out of the BMW subcompact several times, but the door was locked. News outlets didn’t list his age.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
Booking records show Jairam’s blood alcohol content was 0.161, twice the legal limit. Records show she was previously charged with public intoxication and speeding.
It’s unclear whether she has a lawyer.