MONTVILLE, Conn. (AP) — Police say an 18-year-old man told them he stabbed his grandparents to death during an argument and tried to set their Connecticut home on fire afterward.
Marcus Fisher was arraigned on murder and arson charges Tuesday in Norwich Superior Court. A judge kept his bail at $1 million and recommended Fisher undergo a mental health examination.
A state police report says Fisher called 911 just before 5 a.m. Monday and was at the Montville home when officers arrived. Police say they found the victims dead inside with multiple lacerations.
Authorities are withholding the victims’ names pending autopsies Tuesday. Public records show a 76-year-old man and 77-year-old woman lived at the home.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- DeSantis, once a ‘no’ on storm aid, petitions a president he’s bashed
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
A message seeking comment was left for Fisher’s public defender.
Officials say Fisher has no previous criminal record.