RIVERSIDE, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man doing doughnuts in a car he had just bought struck a power pole in Ohio, sending him and his two children to the hospital.
Authorities tell the Dayton Daily News the man was doing the stunt in his Pontiac G8 in a snowy parking lot in Riverside on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say the man apparently lost control and hit a live power pole, knocking the pole over and leaving the car with a crumpled front end.
The man and his two children have been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
- Court's conservatives overturn precedent; liberals ask 'which cases the court will overrule next'
Police say the man will be cited for reckless operation.
Information from: Dayton Daily News, http://www.daytondailynews.com