RIVERSIDE, Ohio (AP) — Police say a man doing doughnuts in a car he had just bought struck a power pole in Ohio, sending him and his two children to the hospital.
Authorities tell the Dayton Daily News the man was doing the stunt in his Pontiac G8 in a snowy parking lot in Riverside on Wednesday afternoon.
Police say the man apparently lost control and hit a live power pole, knocking the pole over and leaving the car with a crumpled front end.
The man and his two children have been hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- New Zealand just banned military-style firearms. Here's why the U.S. can't.
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Police say the man will be cited for reckless operation.
Information from: Dayton Daily News, http://www.daytondailynews.com