PINEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police say a fatal shooting at a North Carolina mall resulted from an ongoing dispute between the victim and the employee accused of shooting him.
Pineville Police Lt. Corey Copley said in an email that the employee turned himself in shortly after the shooting Sunday at Carolina Place Mall south of Charlotte.
Police identified the victim as 24-year-old Khali Amir Holmes of Charlotte. Investigators believe Holmes started a fight with the employee in the DTLR store. Police say the employee shot Holmes during the confrontation, and Holmes’ body was found inside the store.
Copley says charges haven’t been filed, and the suspect’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Confusion, then prayer, in cockpit of doomed Lion Air jet
- Mueller concludes Russia-Trump probe; no new indictments WATCH
- Extra pilot saved doomed Lion Air jetliner on next-to-last flight
- Jimmy Kimmel reacts to Spokane backlash proving Gonzaga's existence, then picks Zags to win NCAA tournament
- New Zealand just banned military-style firearms. Here's why the U.S. can't.
Police say the mall has reopened and is safe.