PINEVILLE, N.C. (AP) — Police say a fatal shooting at a North Carolina mall resulted from an ongoing dispute between the victim and the employee accused of shooting him.
Pineville Police Lt. Corey Copley said in an email that the employee turned himself in shortly after the shooting Sunday at Carolina Place Mall south of Charlotte.
Police identified the victim as 24-year-old Khali Amir Holmes of Charlotte. Investigators believe Holmes started a fight with the employee in the DTLR store. Police say the employee shot Holmes during the confrontation, and Holmes’ body was found inside the store.
Copley says charges haven’t been filed, and the suspect’s name hasn’t been released.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Biden hires strategist Symone Sanders, adds diversity to bid
- North Korea issued $2 million bill for comatose Otto Warmbier's care
- Biden enters Democratic race with strong anti-Trump theme VIEW
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
Police say the mall has reopened and is safe.