NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say four men have been charged in a shooting inside a downtown Norfolk mall, including one of the two people shot.
Norfolk police said in a statement Friday that the shooting happened during a fight between two groups of people inside the MacArthur Center on Thursday afternoon.
When officers arrived, police found an 18-year-old and 16-year-old with gunshot wounds. Both are expected to be OK. The mall was placed on lockdown for about two hours before reopening.
Police say three of the men range in age from 18 to 22 and are charged with offenses including assault and discharge of a firearm in a public place. An 18-year-old is charged with having a concealed weapon. Police aren’t saying which of the men was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender next week WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets