NORFOLK, Va. (AP) — Police in Virginia say four men have been charged in a shooting inside a downtown Norfolk mall, including one of the two people shot.
Norfolk police said in a statement Friday that the shooting happened during a fight between two groups of people inside the MacArthur Center on Thursday afternoon.
When officers arrived, police found an 18-year-old and 16-year-old with gunshot wounds. Both are expected to be OK. The mall was placed on lockdown for about two hours before reopening.
Police say three of the men range in age from 18 to 22 and are charged with offenses including assault and discharge of a firearm in a public place. An 18-year-old is charged with having a concealed weapon. Police aren’t saying which of the men was shot.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest