ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — A JetBlue airplane heading to New York returned to a Florida airport where it had departed after pilots smelled fumes in the cockpit.
The Airbus A320 plane returned to Orlando International Airport early Wednesday. Airport officials say the airplane was above Jacksonville when it turned around.
Airport spokesman Rod Johnson says in an email there 88 people on board.
The plane landed without incident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Elton John, a favorite of Trump, performs at the Biden White House
- 10 tips for coexisting with COVID (and living a normal-ish life)
Johnson says six people were checked out by paramedics, but no one wanted to be brought to a hospital.