LOS ANGELES (AP) — An African Grey parrot is home after being trapped for nearly three nights in a storm drain in Los Angeles.
Arturo Vasquez tells KABC-TV he turned to YouTube parrot advocate Marlene Mc’Cohen when no one would help him try to free his 10-year-old parrot Milly.
Mc’Cohen says she rounded up a group of volunteers, who improvised using cameras, piping and remote control vehicles. At one point, the parrot got spooked. But they eventually coaxed Milly out of the drain.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- WA rancher behind $244M 'ghost cattle' fraud sentenced to prison
- Former cop attacks Thai day care center, kills at least 36
- Rare drone footage shows orcas mauling great white sharks
- VP was in car accident; Secret Service first called it 'mechanical failure'
- In retreat at the front, Russia strikes deep into Ukraine
Information from: KABC-TV, http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/