QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s military and a Taliban spokesman say four militants stormed a security forces facility in the southwestern town of Loralai, triggering a battle that left four security forces and the attackers dead.
In a statement, the military said the “terrorists,” who included a suicide bomber, failed Tuesday to enter a main residential area where families of the soldiers and security forces live.
The assailants instead entered another compound near a security checkpoint, the statement said, where three of the assailants were shot and killed by troops and the fourth, the suicide bomber, detonated his explosives.
Mohammad Khurasani, spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack without giving details.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- IRS launches a new way to estimate next year's tax refund
- A $100,000 bribe got teen a UCLA soccer scholarship without even playing
- Jeffrey Epstein signed will worth $577M only 2 days before suicide, with El Chapo lawyer as witness
- Alaska man discovers message in bottle from Russian Navy
- The completely reasonable reason people are flying with mini horses