QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistan’s military and a Taliban spokesman say four militants stormed a security forces facility in the southwestern town of Loralai, triggering a battle that left four security forces and the attackers dead.
In a statement, the military said the “terrorists,” who included a suicide bomber, failed Tuesday to enter a main residential area where families of the soldiers and security forces live.
The assailants instead entered another compound near a security checkpoint, the statement said, where three of the assailants were shot and killed by troops and the fourth, the suicide bomber, detonated his explosives.
Mohammad Khurasani, spokesman for the Pakistani Taliban, claimed responsibility for the attack without giving details.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Border official resigns amid uproar over migrant children VIEW
- At Costco food-sample line, gunfire, death and unanswered questions
- First lady's spokeswoman to be White House press secretary
- Naked German seeks relief in store's freezer section as heat wave bakes Europe
- 30 tents abandoned by climbers add to trash pile on Everest VIEW