RATON, N.M. (AP) — New Mexico State Police say a woman who allegedly stole a postal truck has been arrested in Raton.
Police were notified about 8 a.m. Wednesday that a U.S. Postal Service vehicle was stolen from the Maxwell area.
It was later located on Interstate 25 and that began a pursuit involving police officers.
Stop sticks were deployed to end the incident and police say 34-year-old Chanel Eskleson of Raton was taken into custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- They shunned COVID-19 vaccines but embraced antibody treatment
- A throng of internet sleuths are on the Gabby Petito case. Why has it sparked so much interest?
- Senate GOP says it will allow debt default; Democrats rush to avert economic crisis | Analysis
- A TV meteorologist of 33 years declined the vaccine, citing personal freedoms. He was fired
- A Kansas boy entered a unique insect at the state fair. It triggered a federal investigation
Police say she’s been booked into the Colfax County Detention Center on suspicion of theft, burglary, aggravated assault, criminal property damage and driving on a suspended license.
It was unclear Wednesday night if Eskleson has a lawyer yet.