PHILADELPHIA — Police used spike strips to help apprehend a naked motorist who led officers on a chase through Delaware and Pennsylvania.
Delaware State Police began pursuing the vehicle after it was spotted traveling south in the northbound lanes of Interstate 95 on Wednesday evening. The vehicle switched direction several times before crossing into Pennsylvania.
Police say the naked driver attempted to flee after the spike strips flattened the vehicle’s tires near Philadelphia International Airport.
Authorities took 29-year-old Kyle Merena of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, into custody. He was taken to a hospital for evaluation.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Norwegians spot Viking ship buried in the ground
- Key take-aways from special counsel Robert Mueller’s report
- Avenatti charged with trying to extort millions from Nike
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
- Dutch art sleuth recovers Picasso stolen 20 years ago
Merena faces a variety of charges.