WAYNE, N.J. (AP) — A New Jersey couple is planning on giving marriage a shot after a man surprised his girlfriend by proposing at an indoor shooting range.
Kara Crampton was taking target practice Sunday at Reloaderz in Wayne when a target spun around and showed the message “Will you marry me?” with the option for her to either shoot the words “YES” or “NO.” The range’s owner created the target, making sure the “YES” area was a much easier to hit than the “NO.”
The owner’s son is a friend of Crampton’s new fiance, Jake Woodruff.
Crampton seemed stunned by the proposal and then turned around to see Woodruff on one knee holding an engagement ring. She quickly accepted his proposal, then formally made her answer official about 10 minutes later by putting three shots in the center of the “YES” target.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- The little-noticed surge across the U.S.-Mexico border: Americans heading south VIEW