BEIRUT (AP) — Lebanon says it will file a complaint at the U.N. over Israel’s construction of a wall along the border, which Israel says is entirely within its own territory.
Lebanon’s state-run National News Agency quoted Foreign Minister Gebran Bassil as calling the Israeli move a violation of a U.N. Security Council resolution that ended the 2006 war between Israel and the militant Hezbollah group.
The wall is being built on the edge of the Lebanese border village of Kfar Kela.
Israel says the wall is being constructed on its side of the border in coordination with U.N. peacekeepers.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Morning coffee results in $1,000 fine, expulsion from Venice
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- An American woman and her boyfriend were exploring Canada. They were found dead on a highway.
- Nobel laureate from Iraq told Trump that ISIS killed her family. 'Where are they now?' he asked.
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
Last month, Israel announced the discovery of border tunnels, which it says were dug by Hezbollah in order to carry out attacks.