WASHINGTON (AP) — It’s back to school for Karen Pence, Vice President Mike Pence’s wife.
Mrs. Pence began teaching art to elementary students at Immanuel Christian School in Northern Virginia on Tuesday. Mrs. Pence accepted the job in December and was to have rebooted her teaching career on Monday. But classes were canceled after a heavy weekend snowfall across the Washington region.
Her office says she’ll teach twice a week until May.
Mrs. Pence was a teacher for 25 years, including 12 teaching art at Immanuel Christian School, before then-U.S. Rep. Mike Pence was elected Indiana’s governor.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'White lives matter' rally goers are vastly outnumbered in Huntington Beach
- Reports: Man kills self after standoff at Honolulu hotel
- CVS welcomes desperate vaccine hunters looking for second dose
- A possible QAnon slip-up suggests the truth of Q's identity was right there all along
- Why rashes that follow COVID vaccines could be a 'good thing'
Mrs. Pence’s immediate predecessor, Jill Biden, wife of former Vice President Joe Biden, taught English twice a week at a Northern Virginia community college during his two terms.