PARKER, S.D. (AP) — A South Dakota school district is using a talking hot dog to announce closures due to the extreme cold .
In a video posted to the Parker School District’s Facebook page, Mr. Hot Dog says: “I’m a hot dog! I need some heat! I’m not a cold dog! … You cannot have school! It’s too cold outside.”
Mr. Hot Dog — complete with eyes, teeth, a bun and mustard — says he spoke with Superintendent Donavan DeBoer and that school will be closed Wednesday. Mr. Hot Dog suggested students can instead watch Netflix or bake a cake, but “No Fortnite !”
DeBoer told the Argus Leader that he created the video using Snapchat.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- ‘I’m done saying I’m sorry,’ Alex Jones tells Sandy Hook families in court
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- 5 things about COVID we still don't understand — at our peril
- Daylight saving ends soon. Wait, didn't lawmakers vote to end this?
- Ex-staffer's unauthorized book about Jan. 6 committee rankles members
Information from: Argus Leader, http://www.argusleader.com