DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man has been sentenced to 10 days in jail for attacking another man who was dressed as one of the short yellow characters from the “Minions” film.
In a statement, the State Attorney’s Office for Florida’s 7th Judicial Circuit said 26-year-old Ryan Nihart of Citrus County pleaded no contest Monday to misdemeanor battery and criminal mischief for the July 8 attack.
Police said Nihart knocked over and kicked Jamie Roehm on Daytona Beach’s boardwalk. Roehm was dressed as one of the “Minions” characters — who are also in the “Despicable Me” films — to promote a local business.
Nihart was sentenced to 10 days in jail, followed by a year of probation. The state attorney’s office said Nihart also was ordered to pay for damage to Roehm’s costume and enroll in a “moral recognition therapy course.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Key Largo is so flooded that crocodiles are swimming in the streets
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ian lashes South Carolina as Florida's death toll climbs
- DeSantis, once a ‘no’ on storm aid, petitions a president he’s bashed
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s husband files for divorce after 27 years
Information from: The Palm Beach (Fla.) Post, http://www.pbpost.com