BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) — Deputies in Florida arrested a shirtless 27-year-old burglary suspect after they say he caught a ride on a school bus.
The Bradenton Herald-Tribune (http://bit.ly/2bZ2mxr ) reports that when Erik Hall boarded a school bus without a shirt Tuesday morning, the driver thought he was a student.
Authorities say the driver told Hall to put on a shirt. Hall didn’t comply and sat down. Hall later told the driver he wasn’t a student and that he just needed a ride.
The driver pulled into a school, waved down an administrator and school resource officers questioned Hall. He was released, but deputies learned later he was a suspect in a burglary that morning.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
Deputies tracked him down, and he’s now charged with trespassing on school property.
An attorney for him isn’t listed on jail records.
Information from: The Bradenton (Fla.) Herald , http://www.bradenton.com