TOLEDO, Ohio (AP) — Fire officials say a house fire in Ohio has killed 13 dogs, including eight puppies.
Toledo fire officials say the blaze started in the home around 11:30 p.m. Monday. They say no people were in the home at the time of the fire.
Fire crews say the dogs died from smoke inhalation.
Battalion Chief Bryce Blair says the fire appeared to be accidental. He says a fire investigator was working to determine exactly what caused the blaze.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
- House chairman issues subpoena to former White House lawyer
- Justices seem ready to OK asking citizenship on census VIEW
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes