ATLANTA (AP) — Atlanta police are investigating the apparent sexual assault of woman that was livestreamed on Facebook.
It happened on the crowded dance floor of the Opera Atlanta nightclub, where the woman livestreamed herself dancing Saturday night. Later, she can be seen shouting for help in a slurred voice, repeatedly screaming “somebody help me” and “stop” with tears rolling down her face as she continued to record and post the video in real time.
A police statement says the Special Victims Unit is investigating. The woman posted Monday that the suspect has been identified.
An Opera Atlanta statement says it has provided police with “everything requested” and will support the investigation any way it can.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- New research hints at 4 factors that may increase chances of long COVID
- They had COVID-19 once. Then, they got it again.
- Rare eagle seen in Maine, wowing birders, might stay a bit
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- CDC travel warning flags 5 Caribbean destinations as 'very high' risk for COVID-19
Some entertainers, including EDM star Zedd, announced they’re canceling or moving their upcoming shows.