TEHRAN, Iran (AP) — Iranian police say a double-bombing has lightly wounded three police in the southeastern city of Zahedan.
Gen. Mohammad Ghanbari, the provincial police chief, told the official IRNA news agency that the second bomb went off as police raced to the scene of the first explosion. He says the bombs were handmade and that police are investigating.
Zahedan is the capital of Sistan-Baluchistan province, which has seen past attacks by Baluch separatists and drug traffickers.
Last month a suicide car bomber struck a police headquarters in the port city of Chabahar, also in Sistan -Baluchistan, killing at least two police and wounding 42 other people.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC's list of symptoms for COVID-19 grows
- Trump's worldview forged by neglect and trauma at home, niece says in book
- Hundreds of experts say coronavirus is airborne; consequences for our daily lives would be significant
- South Dakota governor, exposed to virus, joined Trump on jet
- Study uncovers most effective non-medical face mask for protecting against coronavirus