MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say three U.S. Army soldiers were injured in a night training accident at Homestead Air Reserve Base near Miami.
Base spokeswoman Donna Dixon told The Associated Press the accident happened early Tuesday while the soldiers were conducting a training exercise. News outlets in Miami reported the soldiers were parachuting at the time of the accident.
Dixon says the soldiers were “medevaced” to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in Miami for treatment. She says their conditions won’t be released until their families have been notified.
No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Restaurants in Italy are reopening ancient 'wine windows' used during the plague
- Biden picks Kamala Harris as running mate, first Black woman
- 40% of people with coronavirus have no symptoms; might they be the key to ending the pandemic?
- How to clean your face mask to help prevent getting and spreading the coronavirus VIEW
- Powerful derecho leaves path of devastation across Midwest VIEW
Homestead is south of Miami.