MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say three U.S. Army soldiers were injured in a night training accident at Homestead Air Reserve Base near Miami.
Base spokeswoman Donna Dixon told The Associated Press the accident happened early Tuesday while the soldiers were conducting a training exercise. News outlets in Miami reported the soldiers were parachuting at the time of the accident.
Dixon says the soldiers were “medevaced” to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in Miami for treatment. She says their conditions won’t be released until their families have been notified.
No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Rep. Elijah Cummings, Democratic leader and forceful Trump opponent, dies at 68
- Seattle hotelier Ambassador Gordon Sondland overseeing $1 million renovation of residence in Brussels
- US envoy says Giuliani was given role on Ukraine policy
- Police seize guns from man thought to be leader of neo-Nazi chapter in Washington state
- Pelosi takes charge of photo Trump meant as degrading
Homestead is south of Miami.