MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say three U.S. Army soldiers were injured in a night training accident at Homestead Air Reserve Base near Miami.
Base spokeswoman Donna Dixon told The Associated Press the accident happened early Tuesday while the soldiers were conducting a training exercise. News outlets in Miami reported the soldiers were parachuting at the time of the accident.
Dixon says the soldiers were “medevaced” to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in Miami for treatment. She says their conditions won’t be released until their families have been notified.
No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Employee being fired fatally shoots 5 co-workers in Illinois WATCH
Homestead is south of Miami.