MIAMI (AP) — Authorities say three U.S. Army soldiers were injured in a night training accident at Homestead Air Reserve Base near Miami.
Base spokeswoman Donna Dixon told The Associated Press the accident happened early Tuesday while the soldiers were conducting a training exercise. News outlets in Miami reported the soldiers were parachuting at the time of the accident.
Dixon says the soldiers were “medevaced” to Jackson Memorial Hospital’s Ryder Trauma Center in Miami for treatment. She says their conditions won’t be released until their families have been notified.
No further details were immediately available.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An Apple employee 'helped' a customer by texting himself an intimate photo from her phone
- Diplomats accuse Trump as impeachment hits Americans’ TVs VIEW
- No. 1 milk company declares bankruptcy amid drop in demand VIEW
- Nine students' deaths have USC trying to quell rumors, prevent triggering students
- 3 cows swept out to sea by hurricane Dorian are found alive
Homestead is south of Miami.