ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The mayor of Woodbury has filed to run for Minnesota governor in 2018.
Mary Giuliani Stephens registered to run for the state’s top job on Monday as a Republican.
Stephens has been mayor of Woodbury since 2011 after serving four years on the suburb’s city council. She’s the first woman to announce a bid for the GOP nomination in a field of a dozen Republican candidates.
Stephens did not immediately return a request for comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- An old medicine grows new hair for pennies a day, doctors say
- Part of a foot, in a shoe, spotted in Yellowstone hot spring
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Colorado homeowner emptied pistol to kill bear that broke in
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Gov. Mark Dayton is leaving office after his second term ends next year, setting off a wide open race to replace him.