WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman has posted video of herself pointedly questioning White House press secretary Sean Spicer while he was out shopping at a local Apple store.
Shree Chauhan has identified herself as the video’s poster to Britain’s Daily Mail. She’s an Indian American who was born in New York. She put up video of the encounter on Twitter on Saturday.
In it, Chauhan asks Spicer how it feels to work for “a fascist” and “what can you tell me about Russia.” Spicer smiles through the encounter and repeatedly says “thank you” to Chauhan. At one point, he tells her, “such a great country that allows you to be here.”
Chauhan says in a blog post that Spicer’s comment was racially motivated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Wealthiest hospitals — including Providence Health System — got billions in bailout for struggling health providers
- When can I see my grandkids? Here's some advice.
- Twitter labels Trump's tweets with fact check for first time
- Undersea explorers find wreck of USS Nevada, the ship that almost escaped Pearl Harbor
- COVID-19 is deadliest where Democrats live, adding to nation's strife
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.