WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman has posted video of herself pointedly questioning White House press secretary Sean Spicer while he was out shopping at a local Apple store.
Shree Chauhan has identified herself as the video’s poster to Britain’s Daily Mail. She’s an Indian American who was born in New York. She put up video of the encounter on Twitter on Saturday.
In it, Chauhan asks Spicer how it feels to work for “a fascist” and “what can you tell me about Russia.” Spicer smiles through the encounter and repeatedly says “thank you” to Chauhan. At one point, he tells her, “such a great country that allows you to be here.”
Chauhan says in a blog post that Spicer’s comment was racially motivated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In push for 2020 election security, Homeland chief was warned: Don’t tell Trump
- Harry and Meghan in exile? Palace reportedly eyes Africa move for couple — 'as far away as possible' from William
- Navy SEALs were warned against reporting their chief for war crimes
- Man angry about virginity pleads guilty to threatening women
- Elusive red sprites, like glowing jellyfish in the night sky, photographed in Oklahoma
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.