WASHINGTON (AP) — A woman has posted video of herself pointedly questioning White House press secretary Sean Spicer while he was out shopping at a local Apple store.
Shree Chauhan has identified herself as the video’s poster to Britain’s Daily Mail. She’s an Indian American who was born in New York. She put up video of the encounter on Twitter on Saturday.
In it, Chauhan asks Spicer how it feels to work for “a fascist” and “what can you tell me about Russia.” Spicer smiles through the encounter and repeatedly says “thank you” to Chauhan. At one point, he tells her, “such a great country that allows you to be here.”
Chauhan says in a blog post that Spicer’s comment was racially motivated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- At least 13 people arrested at Portland, Oregon, protest VIEW
- 'CBS Evening News' anchor Norah O'Donnell caught on hot mic during Plácido Domingo segment saying 'Sounds like somebody else here'
- Woman thought she had kidney stones, gave birth to triplets
- 2 Blue Angels planes touch during midair practice run
- In economic warning signals, Trump sees signs of a conspiracy
The White House didn’t immediately respond to a request for comment.