ST. PAUL, Minn. (AP) — The woman who accused Democratic Rep. Keith Ellison of once abusing her while they were dating says she won’t share alleged video footage of the incident.
The allegations surfaced Saturday night from Karen Monahan after her son alleged in a Facebook post that he had seen messages from Ellison threatening her and video of the congressman screaming obscenities at her as he dragged her off a bed by her feet. Ellison has denied such an incident ever occurred.
Monahan told Minnesota Public Radio News on Monday that she won’t share any footage of the incident because it’s humiliating and traumatizing.
Monahan’s account came out just days before Ellison faces voters in a Democratic primary for Minnesota attorney general. She denies her timing was politically motivated.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?
- Large explosions rock Russian military air base in Crimea
Information from: Minnesota Public Radio News, http://www.mprnews.org