First lady Melania Trump's suit was in contrast to the black worn by Democratic congresswomen and their allies at the State of the Union speech.
WASHINGTON — Twitter went wild with speculation when first lady Melania Trump showed up for her husband’s first State of the Union address in an ivory Christian Dior pantsuit.
Some suggested sarcastically her attire was a tribute to Hillary Clinton, her husband’s 2016 Democratic opponent, who favors pantsuits. Or, was she honoring the suffragettes, who made white their signature color? Others tweeted that Mrs. Trump looked “divine.”
Her suit was in contrast to the black worn by Democratic congresswomen and their allies.
Tuesday marked the first time Mrs. Trump was seen in public with her husband since The Wall Street Journal reported that Donald Trump’s lawyer paid porn star Stormy Daniels $130,000 in 2016 to keep quiet about an affair they had. Daniels on Tuesday issued a statement denying the affair.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump administration to expand its power to deport undocumented immigrants
- Louisiana police officer on Facebook says Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez ‘needs a round’
- A peculiarly Dutch summer rite: Children abandoned in the night woods VIEW
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- Military studies 'hyperfit' women who pass grueling courses