WASHINGTON — The White House said the president’s throat was merely dry when he seemed to slur his words during a Wednesday address.
Press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders responded to internet speculation about President Donald Trump’s seemingly slurred words, saying Thursday, “The president’s throat was dry — nothing more than that.”
Trump noticeably mispronounced “states,” when concluding an address to the nation on his decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. The moment was quickly shared online, and prompted speculation about the 71-year-old president’s health.
Sanders also said Trump will undergo the customary presidential physical in early 2018 at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, adding, “Those records will be released by the doctor following that taking place.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- UPDATE: Throw out romaine lettuce from SW Arizona, CDC warns as E. coli spreads
- Democratic party files lawsuit against Russia, Trump campaign, alleging conspiracy to influence the election
- Miss America 2005 marries same-sex partner in Alabama
- Court: Sotomayor shoulder injury worse than first thought
- Student says Confederate flag theft sparked protests