MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Another member of Gov. Scott Walker’s family is supporting Leah Vukmir in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate.
Vukmir first mentioned at a Republican event Saturday that Walker’s wife Tonette Walker will soon be endorsing her in the GOP primary over Kevin Nicholson. Vukmir’s campaign spokesman Mattias Gugel said Monday that Tonette Walker will also be hosting a fundraiser for her.
The Walker’s son, Alex Walker, is working for the Vukmir campaign and she’s also won the support of numerous Walker allies, including former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.
The governor’s campaign spokesman Brian Reisinger says Walker plans to remain neutral in the primary.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump campaign selling email and phone lists for millions of supporters
- Kushner paid almost no taxes for years, documents show
- With genetic-identity registries, it’s the end of anonymity as we know it
- ‘No way to even ask for help’: Florida Panhandle residents desperate for food and shelter VIEW
- What’s at stake in a Harvard lawsuit: decades of debate over race
Reisinger says, “Tonette Walker can think on her own, and just because the governor is neutral doesn’t mean that his family can’t support causes important to them.”