MADISON, Wis. (AP) — Another member of Gov. Scott Walker’s family is supporting Leah Vukmir in the Republican primary for U.S. Senate.
Vukmir first mentioned at a Republican event Saturday that Walker’s wife Tonette Walker will soon be endorsing her in the GOP primary over Kevin Nicholson. Vukmir’s campaign spokesman Mattias Gugel said Monday that Tonette Walker will also be hosting a fundraiser for her.
The Walker’s son, Alex Walker, is working for the Vukmir campaign and she’s also won the support of numerous Walker allies, including former White House chief of staff Reince Priebus.
The governor’s campaign spokesman Brian Reisinger says Walker plans to remain neutral in the primary.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Google tracks your movements, like it or not
- Washington man's idea for defusing 'fecal time bomb' on Mount Everest
- Woman tells police she's a 'clean, thoroughbred, white girl'
- FBI agent Peter Strzok fired over anti-Trump texts
- In Australia town of 11 people, mysterious disappearance turns neighbor against neighbor
Reisinger says, “Tonette Walker can think on her own, and just because the governor is neutral doesn’t mean that his family can’t support causes important to them.”