BRIDGEWATER, N.J. (AP) — President Donald Trump is once again lashing out at football players who refuse to stand for the national anthem.
Trump claimed on Twitter Friday that “most of them are unable to define” what they’re demonstrating against.
Instead, Trump tweets players should “Be happy, be cool!”
Numerous player demonstrations took place during the national anthem at several early NFL preseason games Thursday night. Players have been protesting police killings of black men, social injustice and racism.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Dog reunited with family 101 days after California wildfire
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
Trump writes from his New Jersey golf resort that players “make a fortune doing what they love” and that those who refuse to stand “proudly” for the anthem should be suspended without pay.
Trump has told associates he believes the anthem issue is a winning one that riles up his base.